Man steals supermarket truck, rams HWP car - Nowra
Sunday, 16 April 2017 04:06:59 PM
Police have charged a man after a supermarket delivery truck was allegedly stolen and then involved in a pursuit and crash with a Shoalhaven Highway Patrol vehicle yesterday.
The 38-year-old man, from South Nowra, allegedly threatened the truck driver in Ninevah Close, Nowra, about 3.20pm (Saturday 15 April 2017), then drove the truck from the scene.
An officer attached to Shoalhaven Highway Patrol attempted to stop the truck in Abergaldi Street, Nowra; however, the driver allegedly rammed the police vehicle and drove away.
A pursuit was initiated, then terminated, when the driver allegedly travelled along the wrong side of the road.
The truck was found dumped in Kalander Street a short time later and a man arrested after he allegedly ran into a home and hid in a bedroom upstairs.
The man has now been charged with
• Robbery while armed with an offensive weapon
• Aggravated assault with intent to take/drive motor vehicle – armed with weapon
• Police pursuit – not stop – drive dangerously
• Use offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention
• Enter enclosed land premises without lawful excuse
• Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period.
He was refused bail to appear in Nowra Local Court on Friday 21 April 2017.