Charges over steal from motor vehicles - St George
Tuesday, 11 April 2017 11:47:24 AM
A man has been charged in relation to steal from motor vehicle and fraud offences within the St George Local Area Command.
On Wednesday 5 April 2017 the man allegedly gained access into parked vehicles on Gannon Avenue, Dolls Point, and then stole cash and credit cards from the cars. Shortly after he allegedly gained entry to another car parked on Bay Street, Brighton Le Sands and stole a credit card.
About 3.30am on Wednesday 5 April 2017, the man attended a service station in South Hurstville and allegedly made a number of fraudulent transactions using the stolen credit cards.
On Monday 10 April 2017, police from St George Proactive Team attended an address in Allum St, Bankstown, where they arrested a 19 year old man. The man was charged with enter vehicle without consent, steal from motor vehicle, dishonestly obtain property by deception and breach of bail.
St George Local Area Command Crime Manager, Detective Chief Inspector Craig James, said with the holidays approaching people should make sure their doors, windows and garages are secure before going away.
Other safety tips include:
• Make sure garages are locked;
• Tool boxes should be secured;
• Valuables shouldn’t be left in the car;
• Keys should never be left in an unattended car;
• Windows should be closed or locked when not at home;
• Notify your local police of where you can be contacted in an emergency;
• Stop deliveries;
• Turn the phone volume down;
• Have trusted friends or neighbours clear your mailbox;
• Have your neighbour or a friend park their car in your driveway;
• Arrange for someone to cut your lawn and keep your property tidy.