Drugs and firearms found in vehicle, man charged - Belmont South
Monday, 27 February 2017 01:50:08 AM
A man will face court today charged with drug and firearm offences.
About 5pm yesterday (Sunday 26 February 2017), police were patrolling the Pacific Highway when they observed a silver BMW.
Officers from Lake Macquarie Local Area Command stopped the vehicle on the Pacific Highway, Belmont South, and spoke with the driver.
During a search of the vehicle, police allegedly located methamphetamine, firearms and ammunition.
The driver, a 25-year-old man was arrested after a short foot pursuit, and taken to Belmont Police Station.
He was charged with:
- drive whilst disqualified
- custody of knife in public place
- possess prohibited weapon
- possess prohibited drug
- supply prohibited drug
- escape police custody
- goods suspected stolen
- possess unauthorised firearm
- unauthorised possession of prohibited firearm
- possess unregistered firearm
- possess ammunition without holding a licence or permit to authorise
- not keep firearm safe – prohibited firearm.
He was refused bail to appear at Newcastle Local Court today (Monday 27 February 2017).