Man charged after police pursuit - Goulburn
Tuesday, 21 March 2017 05:40:10 PM
A man will face court tomorrow after a pursuit throughout the Southern Tablelands area today.
About 10.20am (Tuesday 21 March 2017), police were patrolling Crookwell Road, Pejar, when they attempted to stop a white Ford Festiva.
The vehicle failed to stop, and a pursuit was initiated.
A short time later, police observed the vehicle stationary on The Hume Highway, Carrick.
The driver of the vehicle, a 38-year-old man from Grong Grong, was arrested and taken to Goulburn Police Station.
He was charged with:
- Skyes Law – police pursuit – not stop x 4
- Drive unlicensed x 4
- Drive unregistered vehicle x 4
- Overtake vehicle when unsafe
- Exceed speed more than 30km
- Drive recklessly/dangerously
- Fail to comply with request or signal to stop vehicle
- Drive while licence cancelled
- Outstanding warrants x 3
He was bail refused to appear at Goulburn Local Court tomorrow (Wednesday 22 March 2017).