Teen without a ticket allegedly caught with drugs - Police Transport Command
Sunday, 19 March 2017 02:29:23 PM
More than 200 ecstasy tablets have been seized when a teenager was stopped by Police Transport Command (PTC) officers on a train at Wyong last night.
The 19-year-old man was on a southbound train at Wyong about 9.15pm (Saturday 18 March 2017), when he was spoken to by officers for travelling without a valid ticket.
When the man was searched police allege he was carrying 238 ecstasy tablets, as well as MDMA capsules, cannabis, diazepam, and a knife.
He was arrested and taken to Gosford Police Station where he was charged with seven offences:
• Supply prohibited drug (indictable quantity)
• Possess a prohibited drug (three counts)
• Possess/attempt to, prescribed restricted substance
• Goods in personal custody suspected being stolen
• Custody of knife in public place.
The man, from Gorokan, was granted conditional bail to appear in Gosford Local Court on Friday 24 March 2017.